Monday, February 8, 2010

Thanksgiving 2009

Aaron, Ethan, and I moved into our new house on September 1st. It was the most exciting thing we've experienced together, well aside from having Ethan and getting married. So I guess it was one of the most exciting things we've done together! ;)
Once we got all settled in we decided that we were going to host Thanksgiving at our house. Aaron and I planned out our menu the week before Thanksgiving, by going through Bon Appetite and Gourmet Magazine. We cut out pictures and the recipes of what we were planning and set them up on paper to look like a menu! We settled on Turkey (obviously), Garlic bacon mashed potatoes, Cheddar Jalapeno Biscuits, Green bean casserole, and Sweet Onion Pie. We also had two different pies for dessert : Pecan and Cranberry Orange (both made froms scratch).
We had Aaron's parents, his sister and her husband, and our good friends Steve, Beata, Chris and Lilly over. Dinner was at 6:30. Everyone enjoyed the food. We had a great time with our family and friends! The weather was beautiful. We ate dinner on the patio and had all of the windows open through out the house.

We had so much to be thankful for in 2009: We purchased a house, we had great friends and wonderfuly family members, our little boy was happy, healthy and thriving, and Aaron and I were more in love than when we first met. Although we suffered a horrific tragedy when my mother passed away back on March 22nd, the year was still a great success. As much as I miss my mother day in and day out, I couldn't ask for better in-laws, a support system made up of my very best friends, and a wonderful brother and sister.
All in all our first Thanksgiving in our new house was a huge success!!!!

No comments: